Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Got A Penny For Your Thoughts...


It seems as if everyone hates pennies. People often throw them away,throw them on the ground, or pay them no attention at all. Why? I like pennies and when ever I see them I pick them up. They come in handy when your making a small purchase, and they can help to create exact change in some instances. I know for one I still save my pennies, no they aren't my only means of saving (i do save large bills as well). But I never saw pennies as worthless. My mom would tell me as a child, "don't throw away pennies little girl, your not rich!" So I always saved them up. I beleive that quote about snow the that says a few snowflakes are pretty and just weak but when the snowflakes ban together in an outrageous number they became something greater bigger, and mighty like a snow ball or an crazy avalanche. Pennies can do the same. If you save enough of them overtime you'll have a nice little peice a change to spend however you like. Saving pennies also can give a little bit of spare cash when the going gets tough. So the next time you get dead broke think about how many pennies you through away and how those could help your situation; or you could just think of me and how I must have a lot of pennies, and that I'm probably cashing them in at the coin star while you're at home cause you didn't have enough money to go to that new movie that everyone's going to be at.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree, when i just see a penny...i'll just KICK it like there's no tommorrow!!

cassie said...

whoa that's a little intense up there, i won't kick a penny if i see it i'm gonna grab that shit too! 100 pennies, that's a blunt!
Keep keepin it real mother goose

Unknown said...

Exactly! I have a spare change jar at home myself. It really does add up after a while. This reminded me of a rumour that the government wanted to get rid of pennies altogether as our currency and melt the copper for something more useful, because copper is getting rare. However, some argue that it shows disrespect to Abe Lincoln. Oh well just some food for thought :P